7.05.2014

Saturday Long Run

The most important runs to do are the ones that you almost talk yourself out of.  It's easy to be a runner when you are well rested, the temperature is perfect, and your legs feel great.  Today was not that day.  July 5th - a day of being hungover from too much beer and picnic food, staying up too late with fireworks, and of course dealing with the sweltering summer heat.  I really would have stayed in bed and slept in if it wasn't for telling my running buddies I would meet them at 6 am.   Jerks.



Despite, the heat and the fact I felt gross after drinking/eating more processed carbs than I had had in the previous 6 weeks combined - I still went out to run.  No excuses.  Halfway through I figured if I'm doing 8, why not just round up to 10 and finished it as my quickest distance training run yet!  I had an awesome friend pushing me at the end and did that last mile in 8:25.  Great way to start the day and now I won't feel as guilty eating leftovers later :)



And lastly a gratuitous picture from last night of my sweet boy who loves "sparkles"


No comments:

Post a Comment